Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

I only had baked oatmeal for the first time this summer when my mum cooked at camp.  Just recently I went searching for a recipe that might be similar and found an amazing recipe on food.com.  Here it is with some Lisa mods.





3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant) 
1 cup brown sugar 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 cup milk 
½ cup butter or margarine, melted 
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 handful of almonds (perhaps ½ cup)
¾ cup blueberries


I mixed this all up in a 9 x 9 glass dish (yay for less cleaning) and baked it for 30 minutes at 350F


Serve with more brown sugar and milk. 

1 comment:

  1. I can see that your oatmeal would be amazing! It is almost the same recipe as mine. The only difference is that I use oil and, being my mothers daughter, cut the sugar in half. Still really really good!
    I have oatmeal baking in the oven right now. No blueberries though, we will slice peaches over top.

    ReplyDelete